New Mexico State University 2007
M.S. Wildlife Management
State University of New York at Brockport 2001
B.S. Biological Sciences (concentration in aquatic & terrestrial ecology)
Specialty Experience and Certifications
- Bat acoustic monitoring, capture, and handling techniques
- Wildlife chemical immobilization and handling methods
- Proper Functioning Condition (PFC) of Streams
- Numerous BLM, USFS, USFWS, and state wildlife survey protocols
- Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (WOGCC) eForm online permitting portal
- Bender, L. C., J. C. Boren, H. Halbritter, S. Cox. 2013. Effects of site characteristics, pinyon-juniper management, and precipitation on habitat quality for mule deer in New Mexico. Human-Wildlife Interactions 7:47–59.
- Halbritter, H. and L. C. Bender. 2011. Quality of habitat occupied by elk (Cervus elaphus) in the southern Sacramento Mountains, New Mexico. The Southwestern Naturalist 56:1–8.
- Halbritter, H. and L. C. Bender. 2011. Condition, survival, and productivity of elk in the Sacramento Mountains of southern New Mexico. Southwestern Naturalist 56:305–314.
- Halbritter, H., and L. C. Bender. 2011. Contrasting observation and transect based models of cattle distribution on Lincoln National Forest, New Mexico. Rangeland Ecology and Management 64:514–520.
- Bender, L. C., J. C. Boren, H. Halbritter, and S. Cox. 2011. Condition, survival, and productivity of mule deer in semiarid grassland-woodland in east-central New Mexico. Human-Wildlife Interactions 5:276–286.
- Smallidge, S. T., H. J. Halbritter, and J. C. Boren. 2008. A review of management practices to minimize livestock depredation by wolves: Do they work in the Southwest? New Mexico State University, Range Improvement Task Force publication 78.
- Halbritter, H. J., S. T. Smallidge, S. C. Eaton, and J. C. Boren. 2008. A guide to identifying livestock depredation. New Mexico State University, Cooperative Extension Service and Range Improvement Task Force publication 77.
- Makarewicz, J. C., Grigorovich I. A., Mills E. L., Damaske E., Cristescu M. E., Pearsall W., LaVoie M. J., Keats R., Rudstam L., Hebert P., Halbritter H., Kelly T., Matkovich C., and MacIsaac H. J. 2001. Distribution, fecundity, genetics of Cercopagis pengoi (Crustacea: Cladocera) in Lake Ontario. J. Great Lakes Res. 27:19–32.
- Makarewicz, J. C., Lewis, T. W., and Halbritter, H. 1999a. Cercopagis: A new exotic zooplankter to Lake Ontario. Dreissena 10:5–7.